Five Things that are still weird to me in the UK
So these are five things that are still weird to me compared to Germany. They’re all just based on personal opinion.
- The fascination with Oak Furniture.
– Just don’t get it. How? Why?
- The weird (small) houses.
Like. I don’t think I will ever get used to a lot of the houses here?
- Their love for carpets (EVERYWHERE).
I hate carpets. And I have been to places where there had even been carpets in the restroom. Its just so impractical?
- Thank You Cards for teachers.
I get this one, but also not really? But then I do feel like this country loves their cards more than Germany.
- Many people learn Spanish and/or German. What about French?
This is just something I personally noticed around me to be honest.
Bonus: Not being able to deal with (non-)significant weather changes. Heavy Rain, Snow, Strong(er) winds and suddenly there is chaos everywhere. Random leaves floating around always creates trains to be late and/or cancelled in autumn, too.